Checking and rectifying suspended listings
You can check suspended listings on the Suspended Products page.
The details of your suspended listings can all be found here:
Under the Action Required tab, you'll see the following information on suspended listings:
1. Suspended History shows the records of your suspended listings in the past 3 months, including the action taken to address the listing violation and violation reason.
2. Violation Type filter allows you to search for suspended products by violation type.
3. Product listing status shows whether it is Banned or Reviewing.
4. Update time shows when it was last updated.
5. Deadline shows the date by which sellers should edit the suspended listing.
6. Violation type shows whether it is a prohibited listing, counterfeit, IP infringement, spam issue, or others.
7. Violation reason explains why the listing is suspended.
8. Suggestion shows what to do with your listing so that it complies with Shopee's Listing Policy.
9. Actions allow you to edit, delist, delete, or upload supporting documents for your non-compliant listings. Only applicable actions will be displayed.
Under the Shopee Deleted tab, you'll see similar information on listings that have been deleted by Shopee admin, with the following difference:
1. Delete Time allows you to sort your deleted listings by the date it was deleted
2. Actions only lets you confirm that a listing has been deleted. Once a listing has been deleted, it cannot be recovered. After you select Confirm, the listing will be removed from the record to reduce cluttering.
Editing suspended listings
Edit your listing's details if it contains inaccurate or misleading information.
For example, if you have posted your listing in the wrong category, select Edit to update your product category.
Delisting/Deleting suspended listings
If you want to take down the product listing from your shop temporarily, you can choose to delist it. However, delisting a product does not pause the review process. You will still need to update the listing to comply with Shopee's Listing Policy by the deadline, or it will be deleted.
Alternatively, you can delete the suspended listing if you choose not to re-submit the details.
Select Delist/Delete for the applicable suspended product.
You can also delist/delete multiple product listings at once.
Uploading supporting documents for your suspended listings
To sell items such as trademarked or medical products, you will have to upload supporting documents for Shopee's review.
Select Upload from the More dropdown menu and upload the relevant documents. You can upload up to ten images for each suspended listing.
Upload high-resolution images that do not exceed 2MB in size. This will help speed up the review process for your supporting documents.